Re: DomainKeys license(s)

On Friday 25 August 2006 01:57, Stephen Gran took the opportunity to say:
> So, if the domain keys patent is under active enforcement, this software
> probably should not be approved by the ftp masters.  If it is not under
> active enforcement, and is under a free license, there is no reason not
> to have it in main.

And since Yahoo!-sponsored http://domainkeys.sf.net/ even links to
http://killa.net/infosec/Mail-DomainKeys/ I can't see why Yahoo! would have
anything against it being distributed by Debian. I think Yahoo! would be
reasonable enough that we can go on and resolve any disagreement afterwards,
should they complain.

The libdomainkeys C library is a different matter.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)