Re: DFSG as Licence?

Hello Ben and *,

sorry for the late reponse, but I was in Palestine and
have gotten trouble with the Israelian Authority...
(They give bullschit on Diplomatic immunity!)

Am 2006-06-12 17:37:16, schrieb Ben Finney:
> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> > Since I am using Debian/main only (with the exception of libdvdcss2)
> > since more then 7 years now I want to say, that my Software any
> > Licence which comply with the DFSG.
>
> That's great, it makes the free software community stronger and makes
> your work useful to more people.
>
> > Is there allready a licence which use the term DFSG as licence?
>
> The DFSG doesn't specify license terms. It's a set of guidelines for
> judging the freedoms granted to recipients of a work. This judgement
> concerns not just the license from copyright, or patent, or trademark,
> or any other particular monopolies. Rather, it addresses the combined
> set of effective freedoms granted to the recipient of the work.
>
> Thus, it wouldn't make much sense to treat the DFSG as a license.

I was thinking to use the term:

Licence: This software is under any Licence which complay
         with the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG).

I am thinking, that this makes my standpoint more clear as telling
users: "This software is under GPL vXX".  I fully aggree with the
Debian philosophy and this is why I stay with it (even if it steals
me sometimes th last nerv ;-) )

What do you think about it?

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)