Re: license review of the subcommander package

Andreas Fester <Andreas.Fester@gmx.de>
> I would appreciate a quick review of the debian/copyright file
> of the subcommander package:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/subcommander/
[...]
> The license is basically GPL, but the package includes a few
> additional licenses, especially for the icons.

The main licence is GPL with Qt additional permission.

The additional licences are:
- LGPL
- Tigris/CollabNet licence (ad-clause licence, similar to Apache-1?)
- "This manual page was written by Andreas Fester, <Andreas.Fester@gmx.de>,
   for the Debian Project and might be used freely by others."
  I think you should replace might with may there.

> Is there anything which could make the package being rejected?

I think the Tigris licence is incompatible with the GPL and there's a
.h file under the Tigris licence.  I expect that .h file is compiled
in somehow.  That could be a problem.

Sorry to bring bad news,
--
MJR/slef