Re: BCFG Public License

Scripsit Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
> This one time, at band camp, Henning Makholm said:

>> Why does the license say that it requires me to agree with something
>> if that is not what it means?

> It doesn't; you're misunderstanding their use of the word agree.
> `dict agree` might be helpful here - there are quite a lot of possible
> meanings.  The license is merely asking you to acknowledge that there
> may be issues around export controls in one country.

You seem to be saying that I can "agree" with the law even though I
completely disagree with it, and that "agreeing" in the license's
strange use means nothing at all. Why do you think that the license
wants me to do something that according to you does not entail doing
anything after all? That does not make sense; the licensor would not
have written the clause unless he intended it to restrict what I can
do.

--
Henning Makholm        "Jeg køber intet af Sulla, og selv om uordenen griber
                    planmæssigt om sig, så er vi endnu ikke nået dertil hvor