Re: Rejected Package - Licence question

"Andrew Saunders" <syntaxis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/10/06, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> If you fail, well, I fear there is currently no license for
>> documentation that has been approved by -legal.
>
> Actually, the MIT license[1] covers documentation:
>
> ---
> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
> a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
> "Software")

Well, in that sense most other software licenses cover documentation,
e.g. the GPL - that was the main point of my statement.  But I see no
license that was specifically designed and worded to apply to
"documentation but not programs", as many upstream authors seem to
search.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster