Creative Commons 3.0 Licenses

I wanted to draw the attention of the debian-legal list to the upcoming
release of the public draft of the Creative Commons 3.0 licence suite:

        http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2006-May/003557.html

The main changes to these licenses has been to bring them in line with
the DFSG and make at least the Attribution and Attribution-ShareAlike
3.0 licenses compatible with the DFSG and acceptable for Debian. For
those of you who haven't seen it, there is a debian-legal summary of the
2.0 licenses here:

    http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary

Once the public draft is available, I'm going to try to coordinate a
response from the Debian Creative Commons Workgroup, but I'd also love
to see some open discussion on debian-legal. I think everyone's goal is
to have these licenses work with Debian, and if we fumble it in this
last phase, it'd be a real shame.

After the licenses are released, I'd like to put up a summary of the 3.0
licenses similar to the 2.0 summary. If it's decided that (some)
licenses are compatible with the DFSG, I'd like to make that public.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org>
The Debian Project (http://www.debian.org/)