Re: Packages containing RFCs

Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> wrote:

> Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>> I *swear* that one of the project documents said something highly
>> relevant, to the effect of "nonfree material might be included in a
>> package in `main' if it is well-separated, and not required for the
>> operation of the package".  I can't find it, so I'd appreciate it if
>> someone would point it out to me ..  Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it
>> made explicit mention of RFCs and some humour files included with
>> emacs.
>
> I think the humour files in emacs (that doesn't have a clear and free
> license) are being removed, so perhaps that text has gone away.
>
> Anyway, if someone knows about that text, it would be quite
> interesting to see where it was written and why (if at all) it has
> been changed.

Could it be that what Justin is looking for is actually a statement that:

Packages that contain *contrib* material which is "well-separated and not
required for the operation of the package" can go into main?

That one is true, I'm sure, although I can't give you a reference,
either.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster