software released into public domain

Hi,

my package integrates in it's newest version some code from a new library. I
also would like to integrate that new library into debian. It is clearly
intended to be free but I wanted to know if this is enough for DFSG?

The software is here:
http://niftilib.sourceforge.net/
It states on this page:
"...Niftilib code is released into the public domain, developers are
encouraged to incorporate niftilib code into their applications, and, to
contribute changes and enhancements to niftilib. ..."

I didn't find any mentioning of the license within the downloaded files.

While I think the intention DFSG is compatible I am not sure if this is
specific enough but I wanted a second opinion before raising the question to
the development board of the software.

Thanks,

Roland

Roland Marcus Rutschmann <rudi@debian.org>