Re: PHP license...

> As you may have read in the thread you're referring to (I don't know
> which of them, as there are quite several), I don't agree.
> I believe that PHP license version 3.01 does not comply
> with the DFSG, even when applied to PHP itself or to PHP Group software.
> The problematic clause is #4.
>
> Moreover, when the license is applied to anything else (that is to say,
> software not provided by the PHP Group), a bunch of additional issues
> appear.
>
> Unfortunately, it seems that really few people here are able to see what
> I perceive as a clear non-freeness.

As previously mentioned on the list, there are and have been other
packages in Debian with similar clauses.

> Moreover the result of the discussions seems to be that several bugs
> were *closed*, while the license is still unfixed...  :-(((

If you want to have a severe bug on this licensing issue, I invite you to
open it with PHP itself. As long as PHP is allowed to remain ininhibited
in Debian, there is no arguement for removing other PHP Group software
that uses the same license.

Charles

--
If a gift