Re: "object code" in the GPL and printed copies

Frank Küster writes:

> I wouldn't be too sure that "set" doesn't have a different meaning to
> lawyers than it has to mathematicians or computer scientists.
>
> Anyway, I doubt whether sequence is correct, too - unless you redefine
> sequence to include conditional execution and loops.

Regardless of what copyright law defines a thing to mean, contracts
are free to define the terms they use, and where such a definition is
given directly or via parol evidence, it supercedes (within the scope
of that contract) the definitions found in statute or copyright office
policies.

Michael Poole