Re: Open Font License 1.1review2 - comments?

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> frx@firenze.linux.it wrote:
> >In summary, can we conclude that works solely released under the terms
> >of SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE Version 1.1-review2, are DFSG-free, *if* their
> >Reserved Font Names are only names used in previous versions of the
> >work?
> You two obviously do, but I keep disagreeing from this extensive
> interpretation of DFSG #4.

How does one interpret DFSG #4 in order to conclude that works solely
under the OFL 1.1review2 whose Reserved Font Names are only names used
in previous versions *don't* follow the DFSG?

It seems a pretty obviously OK-for-main type to me.  It's also surprising
to have Marco d'Itri claiming something isn't free when I think it is.

Puzzled,
--
MJR/slef