Re: PEAR / PHP License status

Hi,

> If you are the author of said application, you could release under
> the MIT or BSD-type license.

> Couldn't GPL+exception be used?

The projects I work on (GCourrier and Savane) include GNU GPL'd code
from 3rd parties, so relicensing or adding an exception is not
possible (plus I don't plan to ask VA software about relicensing their
old GPL'd SourceForge to help one of its forks ;))

It would be simpler for everybody to use the BSD instead of the PHP
license for PEAR packages, as was already argued on this list :)

Did something came out of last year's efforts?

--
Sylvain

(Please keep me in Cc: - I'm not subscribed to the list)