Re: XBRL XML schema

"Warren Turkal" <wt@penguintechs.org> wrote in message news:200611220035.04036.wt@penguintechs.org...
Can someone take a look at these docs at [1] and let me know if the XML
schemas that are distributed by XBRL International can be redistributed in a
Debian compatible way? It doesn't look like the documents can be modified,
but I cannot tell if that applies to the schemas as well.

They appear to intend to have effectively the same licence as the W3C with minimal modifications.
The only modifications are:
1. To update the names
2. Remove a nonbinding section that mentions that the w3c will sometimes grant rights to prepare derivitive works under special circumstances.
3. Explicitly list schemas as being available under the software notice.

The software notice is what coversd the schema.

Because they forgot to copy over the software notice and link to it, we cannot be certain of the intent. However, based on the modifications to the document notice, It seems pretty clear that the Software notice was supposed to be http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720 with the relevent names changed.

That is more or less an MIT/X11/expat style licence, which is fine. It claims to be GPL compatable, and does indeed look that way.

I reccomend you contact XBRL International, asking them to post their Software Notice, and to link to it from their document copyright notice found at http://www.xbrl.org/Legal2/Copyright-Info.htm