Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 23:40, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 14:30, Michael Poole wrote:
> > Apparently law instead requires us to assume users are in fact morons
> > in a hurry.  What a sad state of affairs.
>
> Yes, that's exactly what the law requires.  The consumer is not you or me,
> but the "average consumer" of the good in question.  Actually, some have
> argued the threshold is even lower...  just the average consumer of
> stuff[1].  And I suggest the average consumer of stuff (or browsers) does
> not care about the finer distinctions of apt repositories or the
> getfirefoxnow.com campaign.

I don't think the average moron in a hurry uses apt-get. He probably uses
synaptic, adept, or possibly aptitude instead. He will then see that he's not
getting the "real" Firefox.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)