Re: Is the University of Edinburgh clickwrap GPL DFSG-free?

On Thursday 02 November 2006 23:52, Don Armstrong wrote:
> If those extra disclaimers cannot be expunged/ignored by subsequent
> distributors, then you're not able to comply with the terms of GNU
> GPLv2, and as a result, you cannot distribute the work at all. [I
> should note here that v3 gets rid of this particular issue for
> warranty disclaimers, but it's not present in v2.]

For the sake of clarity and to avoid undue arguing, can you please point to
the specific terms in v2 which you feel make the warranty/waiver terms
incompatible with the GPL?

I will be honest, it's not something I've given a lot of thought to...  but
I'd like to understand your arguments against wrapping the GPL in additional
terms.

-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
e: skellogg@u.washington.edu

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown