Re: Use of the BTS for freeness/redistributability bugs

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006, Raul Miller wrote:
> On 9/2/06, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> >Scanning through the RC bug list and there seem to be a lot of bugs of
> >the form "foo is unsuitable for main because xyzzy license is non-free"
> >and "foo cannot be redistributed because of barbazquux".
> >
> >I'm inclined to think there should be a regular tag for these bugs,
> >perhaps "licensing".
>
> This seems like a good idea to me.
>
> >It might also be worth thinking about having some usertags under
> >debian-legal@lists.debian.org that have a finer granularity.
>
> This seems like a vague idea to me -- I can't imagine what this
> would mean.

It's generally a good idea to start with usertags to make sure that a
tag would be useful and actually would be used before adding a real
tag. See #376594 for an example of a bug and my response to the issue.

Don Armstrong

--
What I can't stand is the feeling that my brain is leaving me for
someone more interesting.