License of "vesamodes"-file in xorg-server source-package?

The file hw/xfree86/common/vesamodes in xorg-server[1] source-package
doesn't contain any kind of copyright or license statement, only this

//  Default modes distilled from
//      "VESA and Industry Standards and Guide for Computer Display Monitor
//       Timing", version 1.0, revision 0.8, adopted September 17, 1998.
//  $XFree86: xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/vesamodes,v 1.3
1999/11/16 03:28:03 tsi Exp $

Does anyone know what copyright and/or license, if any, applies to this file?

The "copyright"-file of xorg-server includes a statement "XFree86 code
without an explicit copyright is covered by the following
copyright/license: ......" but I'm not sure if it applies to this
file, as this file isn't "XFree86 code" but a list of modelines.

I'm also a bit unsure about the fact that these modes have been taken
from some publication, but there is no mention of why it was allowed
to take them from that publication.

Markus Laire