Re: Open-Xchange 0.8.2 CC+GPL license

Balint Reczey <balint_reczey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So please comment it wether the CC license + disclaimer allows the
> inclusion of the open-xchange package in the official Debian packages
> in the non-free section.

The disclaimer, by itself, is not a problem for non-free.  It does not
create any problems for distribution.  However, the GPL is
incompatible with the CC license (with or without disclaimer).  I do
not know exactly how the CC'd parts interact with the GPL'd parts, but
my guess is that will cause problems.  In that case, Debian can
distribute the GPL'd parts (which could be used by Kontact, for
example), but not the CC'd parts.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu