Re: license of cstex / cslatex

"Joe Smith" <unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Questions:
>>    - is it valid to refer to GPL and add such severe restrictions in
>>      an appendix?
>
> It is legal AFAIK (IANAL), but is relly poor form.

Agreed.

> Also it makes the work GPL-incompatible, which kindof
> defeats the point of using the GPL.

I also thought about this.  But isn't it de-facto GPL-compatible: Once
you've renamed it, you can do with it what the GPL allows and requires,
just not change back the name to csplain.  The latter isn't a problem
with the GPL, I also am not allowed to call my GPL'ed work "Mac OS X
Tiger" ;-).

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster