Re: Bacula license (was Re: Help Selecting License for Bacula Documentation

>> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 08:17:53PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>>> John, could you or someone else summarize a bit where we are assuming
>>> the
>>> following?
>>>
>>> - I delete the anti-abuse paragraph from the LICENSE entitled:
>>>   "Termination for IP or Patent Action".
>>>
>>> - I change the manual license to be GPL v2.
>>>
>>> Specifically, what I would like to know is: are there any other
>>> problems
>>> with the licensing?
>
> It looks great to me; no problems at all!  Thanks for being so incredibly
> cool
> (compared to the reaction of many people when we ask them about license
> issues)!  You are a pleasure to work with.  This is probably the quickest
> turnaround we've ever gotten on a license issue from any upstream, with
> the
> possible exception of packages where Debian is upstream.

Thanks for the kind words :-)

Let's hope that this is a new trend and that you find future turnaround
from other developers even faster :-)

I have to thank you guys for being so patient and carefully explaining
things. I has made it a pleasure for me to work with you.

Best regards, Kern