Re: Bacula license (was Re: Help Selecting License for Bacula Documentation

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 01:54:46PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I have just discovered that Bacula has a problematic clause in its license.

Thanks for mentioning this, Nathanael.  I had read the license, but had
assumed (incorrectly, I guess) that Jose had already evaluated it here
before uploading the package.

[ snip ]

> This is an additional restriction beyond those in the GPL.  Therefore this
> renders the license GPL-incompatible.  Which is a major problem since other
> parts of Bacula are licensed under pure GPL.  :-P

Does the permission to link with OpenSSL also make it GPL-incompatible?

How about the Windows clauses, which of course don't apply to us?