Re: MPL license

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 04:21:31PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Whats debian-legals position about the MPL?
> Looking at google I see a lot of "Summary - non-free" and "Not really
> non-free" mails.

It is indeed non-free.

> So, I have some packages in NEW that are MPL only licensed. Whats the
> current way to go? Reject, accept?

If it's MPL *only*, you'll have to reject if it's targetted for main.
If, like firefox and friends, it's multi-licensed, then it's fine
(though for firefox, it's a bit more complicated, some parts are MPL
only, but upstream intent is quite clear about the fact they *are*
relicensing in MPL-GPL-LGPL terms, thus the etch-ignore RC bug on
firefox)

Mike