Re: [Flamerobin-devel] License, again

Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
1. allow anyone to download, copy and redistribute FR source as it is.
2. if someone makes modifications for his own use, he is not obligated
to publish them
3. if someone makes modifications and makes executable version
available, he must make the modifications available to the same person
he made executable version available to.
4. no warranty

Alright. Please, folks on debian-legal, can you see any problem
including software with such licensing in Debian? Can you recommend a
license that satisfies the above points and is DFSG-free? To me it
seems like Expat plus point 3 above (but I can't legal-speek-phrase it).

 The GPL itself covers these points. In principle, debian-legal discourages
license proliferation.

GPL does cover it, but GPL requires that modifications are made public. We don't want that. We want that modifications only need to be disclosed to the person that you give executable to (point 3).

Do you suggest we make a modification to GPL? It would be GPL + few changes.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://swoes.blogspot.com/