Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> [...]
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 05:15:15PM -0500, Michael Poole wrote: [...]
> > MJ quoted the EUCD's definition of "technological measure" and you
> > have not explained why you think that should be ignored.
>
> I did, in the part of the e-mail you snipped.

Yow! We should ignore recent copyright law?!? I strongly disagree with
that. I don't like copyright law, but - like angry predator animals -
it's dangerously negligent for us to ignore it totally.

I'm in disbelief that some seem willing to base licence interpretations
on finding hidden "implicit" meanings[1]. This sort of pick-and-mix
approach to law and licences basically amounts to making random stuff up.
If the licence is unclear, request clarification and hold off until
it is clarified, which is what we should have done with FDL v1.2.

1. Message-ID: <[🔎] 20060321003401.GJ10015@flounder.net>

--
MJR/slef