Re: GR proposal: GFDL with no Invariant Sections is free

Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
[ Bcc'ed to -project, -devel and -legal, any further discussion and/or
seconds on -vote, please. ]

After reading all the recent posts about the GFDL on debian-vote, I
hereby propose the following General Resolution and ask for seconds.

--8<--
The Debian Project asserts that

Works licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License, version 1.2, as
published by the Free Software Foundation (GNU FDL), are free in
accordance with the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG), if and only
if the work is licensed using the following options of the license:

        no Invariant Sections,
        no Front-Cover Texts, and
        no Back-Cover Texts

I still don't understand how Debian can consider free the advertising clause of the original BSD license and not accept something very similar for the GFDL? This has in the past make the object of long flame but I never had any answer. So I ask again. If something has been already said about this specific question (why the difference between the original advertising close of the original BSD licence and the GFDL), please give a reference

Olive