Re: Anti-DMCA clause (was Re: GPL v3 Draft

On 1/23/06, Walter Landry <walter@geodynamics.org> wrote:
[...]
> A legitimate privacy device may function very much like DRM.  Consider
> classified environments, where you really don't want people to copy
> things around willy-nilly.  Making it hard to copy information won't
> eliminate leaks, but it will reduce them.  I don't see why making a
> system to handle classified documents should be disallowed by the GPL.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/stallman-kth.html

"Because I don't believe that it's really desirable to have security on
a computer, I shouldn't be willing to help uphold the security regime."

I like also this:

"So the result is that we had a smoothly functioning anarchy, and after
my experience there, I'm convinced that that is the best way for people
to live.

Unfortunately the AI lab in that form was destroyed."

Amen.

regards,
alexander.