When can we make some progress on the logo and trademarks? (was Re: GR: GFDL Position Statement
Nathanael Nerode <email@example.com>
> This was going to be delayed until a proper trademark policy was in place.
> -legal came up with a pretty solid plan for what we wanted for a trademark
> policy; we wanted some review by a lawyer with some knowledge of trademark
> law. We haven't heard back since. For *some reason*, although we've agreed
> on all of this for *years*, it's stalled somewhere where we can't do anything
> about it.
There was a draft trademark licence posted to the spi-trademark list
a few months ago. I've no idea of its status now. Not all current
licensed users of the "debian" mark would comply with it today IMO.
That might be part of the reason for delay.
My Opinion Only: see http://people.debian.org/~mjr/
Please follow http://www.uk.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct