BSD-licensed upstream tarball but needs form filled

We are seeking advice on how to proceed about an upstream tarball
distribution issue.  The Debian Octave Group is planning to package the
SUNDIALS library (http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/sundials/main.html) for
integration into Octave.  This package is released under a BSD License
(http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/sundials/download/license.html).  I think it is
DFSG-compliant.

The problem is that prior to downloading the tarball (at
http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/sundials/download/download.html), the user is
asked to fill a form in a web page.  Our question is: does this
restriction decrease somehow the freeness of the package?  If yes, how
should we proceed in approaching the upstream authors about this problem?

--
Rafael