Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Sven Luther schrieb:

> Notice that we already accepted a CDDLed program in debian, namely the star
> packages which comes with this clause :

Wrong.

> So, i wonder why it was accepted, if it was non-free. But maybe we just passed
> it up silently and didn't notice ? Who was the ftp-master responsible for
> letting this one enter the archive, and can he comment on this ?

Please look up facts before you go this road.

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/star/star_1.4a17-3/star.copyright

Took about ten seconds to find out it was GPL before upstream relicensed
and debian maint just copied that.
Write a bug against the package if its non-free is your option now.

--
bye Joerg