Re: Rules for submitting licenses for review

On Saturday 27 August 2005 07:10 pm, Ken Arromdee wrote:
> Some searching on the Copyright Office's website showed me this:
>
> http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html
>
> "Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents
> others from developing another game based on similar principles."

Hmmm...  interesting.  Now I wish I still worked at WotC to ask them what they
think about this.  My gut says their response would go something like this:

"The Copyright's office isn't a court of law, so they can't just say what is
and is not copyrightable."

Some fine legal reasoning, to be sure :)

--
Sean Kellogg
3rd Year - University of Washington School of Law

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown