Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:39:52 +0200  Download Re: ngspice licencing.msg
From: Paolo Nenzi <p.nenzi@ieee.org>   Import addresses p.nenzi@ieee.org  Block
email p.nenzi@ieee.org   Block SMTP Relay relay-pt4.poste.it
To: Gerasimos Melissaratos <gmelis@mfa.gr>
Subject: Re: ngspice licencing 	All headers

Dear Gerasimos,

Sorry for this delay in answering but I am on holidays and have some
spare time to scan the messages on ngspice lists.

The licensing of ngspice is quite intricated but, AFAIK ngspice cannot
be packaged for official-debian. You can consider ngspice covered by the
old BSD license (the one with the obnoxiuous clause). Look at the Xspice
license, since ngspice includes xspice, then its license applies too.

Hope to have answered to your question. I am sorry but I did not succeed
in asking Berkeley's Regents for a license change.

Ciao,
Paolo

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:03:56 -0700, Sean Kellogg wrote

--
Gerasimos Melissaratos (gmelis@mfa.gr)