Re: Pre-ITP - LARN and Noah Morgan

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 05:01:29PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> asuffield@debian.org wrote:

> >> Accordingly, we believe Noah and Don's intentions met DFSG.
> >
> >The problem is that Noah's intentions are no longer relevent. The
> I read here that (somebody recalls that) he distributed the code with
> a free (even if not attached) license, so whatever his heirs want to do
> is not relevant.

WHAT TO DO:
 - Get a clue
 - Read better

It says that some other person (thusly hearsay) said that they vaguely
recall (thusly unsure) seeing a license that seemed freeish. That's an
awful long way from being a license we can review.

Also, as I said in the mail which you replied to without reading, if
they're in the US then the heirs might have a say in the matter anyway
(if they aren't, ask a local lawyer, inheritence law isn't even
remotely similar in different countries).

And I'm not going to repeat myself again when you reply to this mail
without reading it either, so just assume I repost this reply to it.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |