Re: Origins of debian "swirl" / does Debian want to keep its trademark?

Scripsit Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>
> Henning Makholm wrote:

>> it might be argued that by making the swirl blue and turning it
>> such that it invokes an the idea of an "e", it is not anymore
>> sufficiently confusable with Debian's logo that the trademark is
>> violated.

> You don't think it is?  It was pretty confusable-looking to me.

I think the argument can at least be put forth. Guessing at whether or
not it would hold up in court would require more research than I have
done.

--
Henning Makholm      "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."