Re: Shared Source License for IronPython

Seo Sanghyeon <tinuviel@sparcs.kaist.ac.kr> wrote:

> Shared Source License for IronPython
>
> This license governs use of the accompanying software ("Software"), and your
> use of the Software constitutes acceptance of this license.

This licence governs use not copying?

> You may use the Software for any commercial or noncommercial purpose, including
> distributing derivative works.
>
> In return, we simply require that you agree:
>
>  1. Not to remove any copyright or other notices from the Software.

Depends what "other notices" are. Warranty disclaimers are usually
OK, but are in this licence anyway.  Verbose adverts for sponsors
may be carried if debian packager wants but must not prevent removal.

[...]
>  5. That if you sue anyone over patents that you think may apply to the
>     Software for a person's use of the Software, your license to the Software
>     ends automatically.

Termination clause and nearly (but not quite clearly IMO - depends
how it's parsed) rightly limited to the Software.

>  6. That the patent rights, if any, granted in this license only apply to the
>     Software, not to any derivative works you make.

Doesn't allow some derived works. Non-free if patents are asserted.

Excepting patents, seems OK to me, but watch out for how it's used.

--
MJR/slef