Re: Origins of debian "swirl"

"Joe Smith" <unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com> wrote in message [🔎] dctkbr$336$1@sea.gmane.org">news:[🔎] dctkbr$336$1@sea.gmane.org...
Why don't we just find the creator and ask him?
The original image is named raul-0.gif, so somebody named Raul made the image. (Was this Raul D. Miller [moth@.d.o]?)

What makes me really fear that the image may be a very generic is one image that looks the same except the jaggedness of the spiral was inverted. So the inside of the swirl had the same contour as our outside does, and vice versa.

ALSO:
Being just a swirl created by using rough charcoal of adobe in a swirl shape may indeed explain the similar swirls that have been seen. Especially those that look very very similar, but are cleary different (not copied).

The possible Toy Story connection is mearly an interesting coincedence. The current logo was decided by vote. The releases being named after Toy Story characters is offically approved by Pixar. (The first release of Debian was made while a Pixar employee was head of the project. The Debian mailing lists were also originally hosted by Pixar.)