Re: LGPL module linked with a GPL lib

On 8/3/05, Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
> IMHO its relevance to d-l is that, if such suspicions are indeed founded,
> the FSF GPL FAQ should not be taken by face value and that Debian
> should re-evaluate its position about GPL and linking.

Why?

Personally, I've quoted this faq as evidence of things that the FSF has done.
I don't see any need to re-evaluate those kinds of issues.

Beyond that, I believe it's mostly used to provide succinct heuristics
for dealing with issues where there is no case law.  Because these
are heuristics, they can only be approximations and thus we already
have to be prepared to evaluate those issues for specific cases.
But I see no need to "re-evaluate" those issues for the general case.

--
Raul