Re: LGPL module linked with a GPL lib

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:04:34PM -0700, Michael K. Edwards wrote:

> Although I have no personal knowledge on the financial side, it
> certainly looks to me like it has made them both rich men.  Little
> snippets in the public record -- Jim Blandy's comment at
> http://www.jwz.org/doc/lemacs.html about RMS's "luxurious pad on the
> fourth floor of posh NE43", the indications from Moglen's letter to
> Vidomi and Fluendo's defense of GStreamer that he has ways of
> extracting revenues from his role in the FSF, back-of-the-envelope
> calculations involving the typical conference speaker fee -- suggest
> to me that their tax records would make interesting reading.  I could
> be completely wrong; they could be scraping by on nominal salaries
> from the FSF and Columbia University, plus a MacArthur fellowship here
> and there; but it's enough for me to take their bizarre,
> uncorroborated assertions about copyright law with a grain of salt.

That RMS gets paid for all the speeches he gives would indeed be news.
I have first-hand knowledge that he follows invitations to speak about
free software when provided free travel and lodging.

Your claims are slanderous.  I would suggest you to research better
before making claims with such serious implications.

iego