Re: Mandatory click wraps trivially non-free

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 08:53:25AM -0700, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> On Thursday 14 July 2005 12:56 am, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > [Please retitle threads when appropriate... we've left the kde topic
> > some time ago.]
>
> Technically true...  but I'm still trying to make the argument that calling
> the GPL a "License Agreement" is neither non-free nor a violation of the GPL
> itself, as was the original bug's contention.  The click-wrap argument is
> just an offshoot of that original discussion.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that, except possibly Arnt Karlsen,
the original reporter who isn't participating in this thread.  I think
everyone agrees that #317359 is not a DFSG-freeness problem or a GPL
violation, and is at most wishlist.  I don't think there's any argument
to return to.

(It doesn't matter what you call it; you can call the GPL a "Ham Sandwich",
and I can't see how that would be relevant to freeness or be a GPL violation.
It's the text and requirements of the license that matters, not menu titles.)

--
Glenn Maynard