Re: qlogic firmware license

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005, Andres Salomon wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:13:47 -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > 	USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT USE OF THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT
> > 	CREATE OR GIVE GROUNDS FOR A LICENSE BY IMPLICATION, ESTOPPEL,
> > 	OR OTHERWISE IN ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (PATENT,
> > 	COPYRIGHT, TRADE SECRET, MASK WORK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY
> > 	RIGHT) EMBODIED IN ANY OTHER QLOGIC HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
> > 	EITHER SOLELY OR IN COMBINATION WITH THIS PROGRAM
>
> Anyone want to clarify the last bit for me?  They want to ensure
> that the use of the firmware image does not give anyone permission
> to do something like reverse engineer qlogic hardware or something?

Slightly less complex. They're basically making explicit that allowing
you to use the work does not give you an implicit license to other
QLOGIC products that are not the work. Kind of a case of legal
defensive coding.

Don Armstrong

--
Frankly, if ignoring inane opinions and noisy people and not flaming
them to crisp is bad behaviour, I have not yet achieved a state of