Re: quake2 and german youth protection law

Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> writes:

> In Finland, for example, distribution of interactive image programs
> (or is photoplay the correct legal term?) ie. games requires informing
> the State movie inspection bureau.

Distribution via the Internet is exempted, though:
<http://www.vet.fi/lyhyesti.html>, under "Laki ei koske".

The text of the law (775/2000) might be read as categorizing such
distribution as "tilausohjelmapalvelu", which would again require
registration and typically also enforcement of an age limit.
Back in January 2001 however, a person from the Finnish Board of
Film Classification told me that the category was not meant to
include interactive programs.