Re: Is this license DFSG free?

On Sunday 12 June 2005 12:19 am, Wei Mingzhi wrote:
> A free software license should not require any
> modifications to be submitted to the initial
> developer. This doesn't seem to allow releasing my
> modified code _myself_ without submitting it to
> anyone, only the initial developer can do so.
>
> also this is from the DFSG FAQ:

Stop right there...  my whole point in criticizing those who believe this to
be non-free is that they cannot site an actual clause of the DFSG to support
the position.  The FAQ is non-binding, as an earlier poster said in a rare
moment of humility on this list "the opinions of a few d-l posters."  I find
great satisfaction in the dissident test myself, but I agree with a lot of
things that don't happen to be in my nation's Constitution...  doesn't make
them so.

-Sean

--
Sean Kellogg
2nd Year - University of Washington School of Law

So, let go
 ...Jump in
  ...Oh well, what you waiting for?
   ...it's all right
    ...'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown