Re: New 'Public Domain' Licence

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:13:49PM -0700, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> No argument from me...  but it is the system we've got here in the States and
> FOSS developers should plan accordingly, just as is expected of anyone else
> who enters into the world of copyrights.

But that's just the problem--as far as I know, there's simply no way I can
release a work under any license (permissive, copyleft or otherwise) to
guarantee that you won't be bitten a few decades down the line.  The only
way you can "plan accordingly", as far as I know, is to avoid reusing other
people's code entirely.

--
Glenn Maynard