Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

On 5/18/05, Anthony DeRobertis <anthony@derobert.net> wrote:
> Raul Miller wrote:
> > Are you claiming that we have a license to distribute the work based
> > on the program Quagga which also contains and uses openssl?

"uses" is utterly irrelevant anyway, and "contains" isn't the case
when we're talking dynamic linking, and "work based on the Program" is
limited to the scope of a derivative work, which doesn't include the
separate works that Quagga uses through their published interfaces.

> In source code form, yes, we do under sections 1 and 2 of the GPL. The
> "the source code for all modules it contains" is part of section 3,
> which doesn't matter when we're distributing source.

This is also true.

Cheers,
- Michael