Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 09:38:52PM -0700, Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> On 5/17/05, Raul Miller <moth.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> > I guess I don't see the point of all this.
>
> That much, at least, is clear to all observers.  Does anyone else have
> any difficulty in following the flow of my argument as given, or in
> finding ample support for it in the statutes and case law I have cited
> over the last few weeks?

I have had great difficulty, simply due to the sheer volume of text that
has spewed forth from your fingers, which makes your argument not only
difficult to follow, but completely saps any interest I might possibly have
in the subject. The simple observation that you seem unable to communicate
your thoughts concisely makes me feel like you haven't thought things
through particularly well.  In addition, much of your argument is caught up
in personal attacks that I have less than no desire to read.

As a result of these and other things (the various thread-breaking RES
mails which aren't your fault, for instance) I've had great difficulty
maintaining the patience to not simply killfile every mail in this thread,
let alone follow the flow of your argument and read the original cases that
you cite.

 - David Nusinow