Re: Where to put Open Transport Tycoon (openttd)

> The requirement for content from the original game means that it
> should probably go in contrib.
That is what I thought too, yes.

> Of course, if you
> have any serious doubts about that you can contact the original
> game's publisher and ask them.
This has been tried by several people without too much succes. Since the
rights to the game have transfered a few times due to company takeovers and
other stuffs, it is not really clear who owns the game right now... The
original author (Chris Sawyer) does not seem to respond either.

> Since, at least currently, you have
> to have a legal copy of the game to play openttd legally, they're not
> likely to object.
Though this might change with in a future version, this will still hold for
some time, yes.

> Also, unless openttd includes design features which are clearly unique
> content, the original publishers probably won't have any legal grounds
> to object.  [But you're not really described the situation enough to know
> if that could be an issue.]
As far as I can see, there are not really any ground breaking principles in
the game that could pose a problem.

So, I'll put it in contrib then.

Thanks,

Matthijs