Re: GPL and linking

Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> writes:

> ??? Let's try again:

All of this discussion of legal minutia misses (and perhaps supports)
what, to my mind, is the most compelling argument for accepting the
FSF's position on the subject.  The fact is that the question does
depend on a lot of legal minutia that almost all of us aren't qualified
to have an opinion on.  So unless it's a make-or-break issue for Debian
(which I just don't see), the obvious thing to do is to take the
agreeable, safe position.

So the question of whether or not the FSF is actually *right* doesn't
matter.  We should only disagree with them if we have to for the sake of
Debian -- in which case we're probably in trouble and should hire a
lawyer ASAP.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>