Re: Asking for advice regarding the Sleepy Cat's dbxml license

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 11:30:02AM +0200, Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> The license is more onerous than the GPL though, since it
> talks about "software that uses the DB software" rather than
> software _based on_ the DB software. There are lots of ways
> in which you can use the software without creating a derivative
> work. But that's a minor issue I guess.

I believe we have an outstanding clarification on this issue from
sleepycat somewhere in the archives. It means the same thing as the
GPL, anyway - but don't go copying this license without fixing the
wording.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |