Re: On the debian-legal Summary of Creative Commons 2.0

evan@bad.dynu.ca (Evan Prodromou) wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:12:44PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > About Creative Commons:
> >
> > I feel this needs a paragraph on CC's decision-making, but
> > I do not feel qualified to write it.
> I have no way of finding that out, and I don't see why it's necessary.
> If you can dig up some information, I'll include it.

Sadly, Creative Commons (as an organisation) seems to lack
the transparency of Software in the Public Interest or Free
Software Foundation Europe. I don't know whether you already
know some of the details from the contact so far. For example,
are we dealing with their board of directors or their technical
advisory board or others? How do they make decisions?

I think this is necessary to brief people about who is talking
to who and why.

> > Removing References - I think this also may conflict with
> > No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavour if exercised.
> How so? Can you make that clearer? Is it worth including in the summary?

It would prevent a CC-licensed work being included in a
biography, in the absence of other permission. I hope
that makes it clearer. I don't know whether this example
is worthy of inclusion.

[...]

--
MJR/slef