Re: AROS License DFSG ok?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 01:47:36PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Again, this clause is part of the MPL, which is presently considered
> DFSG-free.

No, the MPL is not clearly free[1].  See

The situation, roughly, is that while the MPL is non-free, Mozilla is
being relicensed under an MPL/GPL/LGPL triple-license, and Debian gives
leeway for this type of thing to be sorted out (though this one's being
given more time than most would, I guess).

  http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/relicensing-faq.html

This doesn't mean that this clause is necessarily DFSG-unfree, just that
citing the MPL isn't enough to convince a lot of people.

[1] "in my opinion", "in the opinion of most of d-legal", or whatever
the current necessary line is to avoid another pointless thread on that
topic

--
Glenn Maynard