Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Using MF's trademarks seems to require some sort of licence to
> be granted specifically to debian and not to its users. That
> seems not to follow DFSG 7 or 8, doesn't it?

I don't see why. We don't require that trademark licenses be granted to
our users in any case - us having an extra permission above and beyond
the freedoms we expect for our users doesn't seem to be a problem.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org